Thursday, January 26, 2006

A 60% Chance of Raining Men

A 60% Chance of Raining Men wrote:

I've been having exchanges with two guys I met on a popular dating Web site this week. Eventually, I gave my phone number to each of them. Both said they would call me early this week...so no word from either boy. Apparently my cell phone number has a very perverse effect on boys. Both seemed at least slightly interested and then slightly nothing...if I see matchelor #1 on IM should I drop a line or should I give it another day? Where is the fine line between pushy and disinterested?


Cassandra wrote:

This is coming from someone who has very minimal patience for anything, and extremely little in terms of dating. However, with both of these guys, you must play it cool and calm. They are obviously both interested, but you need to give them some time before you give up on them. After all, they might be intimidated by the idea of meeting someone online. With something like this, there are no time constraints. Since you have plenty of time to coordinate things, just let everything flow as it may. I do know how you feel though. Waiting for someone else to make the next move is excruciatingly painful and it can really have an adverse effect on how you see things. Just remember, you've done a good deal by giving out your cell phone number. It is now time for one of these guys to make the next move. Most likely, at least one will.

A 60% Chance of Raining Men replied:

How is it that you packed about 80 million years of wisdom into about 200 decades? You're right. I'm the least patient person when it comes to anything, nevermind dating. I'm just a little concerned that one guy asks about coffee. I say yeah sure and stop hearing from him. Then, the next one...get like a slew of contact...hand over my digits after a bit of a hint...and, voila, nothing. I'm starting to think that my digits are a little cursed. Hmmmmm. I gave it the old college try...might be back in line with my long-term spinster goal. :) hee hee hee
You're the best Cassandra!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home